|[ << Documentation work ]||[Top][Contents]||[ Website work >> ]|
|[ < Maintaining without updating translations ]||[ Up : Translating the documentation ]||[ Website work > ]|
5.9.4 Technical background
A number of Python scripts handle a part of the documentation translation process. All scripts used to maintain the translations are located in scripts/auxiliar/.
- check_translation.py – show diff to update a translation,
- texi-langutils.py – quickly and dirtily parse Texinfo files to make message catalogs and Texinfo skeleton files,
- update-snippets.py – synchronize ly snippets with those from English docs,
Python modules used by scripts in scripts/auxiliar/ or scripts/build/ (but not by installed Python scripts) are located in python/auxiliar/:
- manuals_definitions.py – define manual names and name of cross-reference Texinfo macros,
- buildlib.py – common functions (read piped output of a shell command, use Git),
- postprocess_html.py (module imported by www_post.py) – add footer and tweak links in HTML pages.
- python/langdefs.py – language definitions module