|[ << Modifying the Emmentaler font ]||[Top][Contents]||[ Administrative policies >> ]|
|[ < Font creation tools ]||[ Up : Modifying the Emmentaler font ]||[ Adding a new glyph > ]|
12.3 Adding a new font section
The font is divided into sections, each of which contains less than 224 glyphs. If more than 224 glyphs are included in a section, an error will be generated.
Each of the sections is contained in a separate
.mf file. The
files are named according to the type of glyphs in that section.
When adding a new section, it will be necessary to add the following:
- The code for the glyphs, in a file
- Driver files used to create the font in different sizes
- An entry in the generic file used to create the font, or a new generic file
- If necessary, new entries in the GNUmakefile
- An entry in scripts/build/gen-emmentaler-scripts.py
See the examples in
mf/ for more information.