|[ << Release work ]||[Top][Contents]||[ Modifying the Emmentaler font >> ]|
|[ < Release work ]||[ Up : Release work ]||[ Release checklist > ]|
11.1 Development phases
There are 2 states of development on
- Normal development: Any commits are fine.
Do not require any additional or updated libraries or make
non-trivial changes to the build process. Any such patch (or
branch) may not be merged with master during this period.
This should occur approximately 1 month before any alpha version of the next stable release, and ends when the next unstable branch begins.
After announcing a beta release, branch
are 2 states of development for this branch:
- Normal maintenance:
The following patches MAY NOT be merged with this branch:
- Any change to the input syntax. If a file compiled with a
2.x(beta) version, then it must compile in the new version.
Exception: any bugfix to a Critical issue.
- New features with new syntax may be committed, although once committed that syntax cannot change during the remainder of the stable phase.
- Any change to the build dependencies (including programming
libraries, documentation process programs, or python modules used
in the buildscripts). If a contributor could compile a previous
2.x, then he must be able to compile the new version.
- Any change to the input syntax. If a file compiled with a previous
- Release prep: Only translation updates and important bugfixes are allowed.