We need you!
Thank you for your interest in helping us — we would love to see you get involved! Your contribution will help a large group of users make beautifully typeset music.
Even working on small tasks can have a big impact: taking care of them allows experienced developers work on advanced tasks, instead of spending time on those simple tasks.
For a multi-faceted project like LilyPond, sometimes it’s tough to know where to begin. In addition to the avenues proposed below, you can send an e-mail to the Frog meister letting him know your skill set and asking how you can help or proposing a project. He’ll be able to give you guidance on how to get started.
No programming skills required!
- Mailing list support: answer questions from fellow users.
- Bug reporting: help users create proper Bug reports, and/or join the Bug Squad to organize Issues.
- Grand Regression Test Checking: verify that LilyPond works correctly by examining output of test snippets. Checking one snippet takes less than a minute!
- Documentation: small changes can be proposed by following the guidelines for Documentation suggestions.
- LilyPond Snippet Repository (LSR): create and fix snippets following the guidelines in Adding and editing snippets.
- Discussions, reviews, and testing: the developers often ask for feedback about new documentation, potential syntax changes, and testing new features. Please contribute to these discussions!
These jobs generally require that you have the source code and can compile LilyPond.
注意：We suggest that contributors using Windows or MacOS X do not attempt to set up their own development environment; instead, use Lilydev as discussed in Quick start.
Begin by reading Summary for experienced developers.
- Documentation: for large changes, see Documentation work.
- Website: the website is built from the normal documentation source. See the info about documentation, and also Website work.
- Translations: see Translating the documentation, and Translating the website.
- Bugfixes or new features: the best way to begin is to join the Frogs, and read Programming work.