LilyPond is music printing
LilyPond is an automated engraving system. It formats music beautifully and automatically, and has a friendly syntax for its input files. It is Free Software (‘open source’).
- Never heard of LilyPond? Read the introduction.
- Questions? Check out the FAQ.
- Interested in background information? Read our essay on music engraving and computer notation, or look at our publications.
- Who wrote LilyPond? Read the Acknowledgements.
- Questions or comments?
- Post your comment.
- Linger with users/developers on #email@example.com
- Some level of support is provided on the #lilypond IRC channel at irc.freenode.net. This channel has no public archive, so any question that may be useful for others would better be posted to one of the mailing lists.
- Bug report?
- How to report a bug.
- Get notified of new releases?
- Subscribe to our announcements.
- Comments on these pages?
- Post your bugreport.
- Contact the developers?
- Post your remark
- Contact the authors directly?
- See the author list. (Only contact the authors directly for strictly personal communication)
LilyPond is part of the GNU Project.
LilyPond uses Project GNU's GUILE Scheme interpreter for extension. Scheme is a dialect of the LISP programming language.
Image credits: trumpet poagoa (flickr.com)