What we wrote about LilyPond
- Graham Percival. Sustainability in F/OSS: developers as a non-renewable resource. In Rencontres Mondiales du Logiciel Libre 2010 (RMLL2010), 2010. (PDF 333k).
- Han Wen Nienhuys and Jan Nieuwenhuizen. LilyPond, a system for automated music engraving. In Colloquium on Musical Informatics (XIV CIM 2003), May 2003. (PDF 95k).
- Han Wen Nienhuys. LilyPond, Automated music formatting and the Art of Shipping. In Forum Internacional Software Livre 2006 (FISL7.0), 2006. (PDF 1095k).
- Reinhold Kainhofer. OrchestralLily: A Package for Professional Music Publishing with LilyPond and LATEX. In The Linux Audio Conference 2010 (LAC2010), 2010. (PDF 767k).
- Erik Sandberg. Separating input language and formatter in GNU LilyPond. Master’s thesis, Uppsala University, Department of Information Technology, March 2006. (PDF 750k).
If you are aware of any other academic papers which could be listed here, please let us know by following the instructions on Bug reports.